着迷英语900句 Book4-6

王朝英语沙龙·作者佚名  2007-01-10
宽屏版  字体: |||超大  

MR.NIKZAD: Captain, would you tell me who is responsible for catching the thieves? I''d like to thank him personally. 警长, 您可不可以告诉我, 逮捕那些贼的人是谁? 我想亲自向他道谢.

CAPT.JAMISON: You know him. 你认识他的.

MR.NIKZAD: I do? 真的?

CAPT.JAMISON: But I must ask you not to tell anyone who he is. 不过, 我必须请你不要告诉任何人他是谁,

CAPT.JAMISON: He''s one of our undercover men. 他是我们的一个便衣警员.

MR.NIKZAD: Certainly. 那当然!

CAPT.JAMISON: Sergeant O''Neill. Would you step into my office? 欧尼尔警官, 请到我的办公室来一下.

BILL: Captain? 什么事, 警长?

MR.NIKZAD: Mr. O''Neill. The ice cream vendor! I don''t believe it. Ali was right. 欧尼尔先生, 那个冰淇淋贩! 我真想不到! 原来阿里是对的!

CAPT.JAMISON: Who was right? 谁对了?

MR.NIKZAD: My son, Ali. 我的儿子阿里.

MR.NIKZAD: He never stops talking about Mr. O''Neill. 他一天到晚都在讲欧尼尔先生.

MR.NIKZAD: He always says, "Mr. O''Neill is a secret agent." 他总是说: 「欧尼尔先生是个密探.」

CAPT.JAMISON: Sergeant, you didn''t say anything to the boy, did you? 警官, 你该没有对那个小孩说什么吧?

MR.NIKZAD: Captain, I''m sure he didn''t have to. Ali is very... what is the word in English... imaginative. 警长, 我相信他用不着说. 阿里这孩子非常... 英文怎么讲... 想像力很丰富.

MR.NIKZAD: He enjoys pretending to be you, Sergeant. You are his hero. 警官, 你是他心目中的英雄, 他崇拜你, 很喜欢学你.

BILL: He''s a fine boy. 他是个好孩子.

MR.NIKZAD: And he loves talking to you about baseball. 他也很喜欢和你谈棒球.

MR.NIKZAD: He keeps trying to learn, 他一直试着学,

MR.NIKZAD: but I don''t know how to play, so I can''t teach him. 可是我不会玩, 所以就没办法教他.

MR.NIKZAD: But tell me Sergeant, how did you know those three were thieves? 那么, 警官请你告诉我, 你怎么知道那三个人是强盗?

BILL: I suspected something right away. 我一开始就起疑心.

BILL: They kept walking back and forth in front of the bank. 他们在银行的门口一直走来走去,

BILL: After watching them for three days, I knew something was going to happen soon. 在注意他们三天以后, 我就知道不久即会有事情发生了.

MR.NIKZAD: Why did you wait three days before acting? 你为什么要等三天才采取行动呢?

BILL: We needed more proof, 因为我们需要更多的证据,

BILL: so I started noting their movements carefully. I sold ice cream right under their noses. 所以我开始细心地观察他们的行踪. 我就在他们的跟前卖冰淇淋.

MR.NIKZAD: I am impressed, Sergeant, impressed and grateful. But what a shame. Ali can never know he was right. 我真钦佩你, 警官, 钦佩又感激. 但是, 真可惜, 阿里永远不会知道他是对的.

HUSSEIN: Ali! Did you hear? There was a robbery at Dad''s bank! 阿里! 你知不知道? 爸爸的银行被人抢劫!

ALI: Wow! Did they take a lot of money? 哇! 他们抢了很多钱吗?

HUSSEIN: No. Some undercover policemen at the Fair caught the thieves. 没有, 万博会有便衣警察把强盗抓到了.

ALI: I bet Mr. O''Neill did it! 我想一定是欧尼尔先生抓的,

ALI: When I grow up, I want to be a secret agent like Mr. O''Neill. 我长大了以后, 我要当密探, 就像欧尼尔先生一样.

HUSSEIN: Ali, Mr. O''Neill is an ice cream vendor! 阿里, 欧尼尔先生是冰淇淋摊贩!

 
 
 
免责声明:本文为网络用户发布,其观点仅代表作者个人观点,与本站无关,本站仅提供信息存储服务。文中陈述内容未经本站证实,其真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。
© 2005- 王朝网络 版权所有